Friday, November 28, 2008

It's a day after Thanksgiving Miracle!

So the girls in our family are taking over. We are having a girls day! I know its a miracle. For those of you who have never met my mother this will make absolutely no sense to you. So let me explain. My Mom is one of the hardest working women I have ever met in my life! Honestly, She can out work anyone any day.So this is generally what the women of our family do. Don't get me wrong, we have fun and we bond and have good times its just that, my Mom is also one of the most frugal people I have ever met. She can make Abe Lincoln beg for mercy! So we don't go and do a lot of things that cost money... any money. I like free things as much as the next person. As in matter in fact I would say that free is my favorite four letter word.

Now lets move on to my Dad (don't worry this will all come together in end.) My Dad is one of the most amazing and fun and spiritual people in on the face of this planet. He, in general, doesn't let the worries of the world bog him down. My father also in general, has no real concept of money. He knows when he has some and he likes to spend it...I am my fathers daughter. ( I am also a Daddy's Girl but that is another story for another day.) So really my parents balance each other out very nicely. So...they boy's in our family often do fun things together like go golfing or go out to lunch or go and see a movie. This is contributed to my father not making Abe scream. (I hope you all know I'm talking about a penny, not really a person.) But on the flip side... the men on our family are putting up a new fence today and my Mother is not supervising. So it is kinda' struggling.

So today a small day after Thanksgiving miracle has occurred! All of the girls are going out to lunch! ITS A MIRACLE! For real! But first we had to take all of the Christmas decorations out of the attic. Mom tired to convince us to set up Christmas before we left. But we all prevailed upon her and told her no. I know that this seems like a small thing. But really in my family this is about as miraculous as it comes with my mother.

Oh boy! My family is great! How blessed am I to have such amazing women in my life!? Heavenly Father knows really knows what we need!

No comments: