Monday, November 24, 2008

For lack of anything better...

So I don't really have a ton to blog about today. I mostly just want to write. In response to my own personal need, I have decided to make a list of things that I found amusing about my walk up to campus this morning. We will see what comes from this. I have a feeling that this could be amusing!
1- At the shuttle stop the guy (who, if I am going to be 100 percent truthful, I think is kinda cute.) who walked past me kinda smelled like terriyaki chicken. Which was just a little weird to me. I don't know if that is a good thing to smell like or a bad thing, I personally don't like to smell like food. But that is what I thought about him. I wonder if he is aware of his unusual scent. Maybe he does it on purpose?
2- The shuttle driver is ridiculous! There are maybe eight different shuttle drivers for the route that I take, and he happens to be the driver of every shuttle that I get on. I don't know what is up with that but he has side burns that make me want to vomit! Who ever thought that side burns were a good idea? I don't know, but they must have hit their head pretty hard.
3-I always walk through the student center on my way to my MWF morning classes. Mostly because it is cold outside by this time of year and I am stupid and I most often do not wear a coat that is warm enough. This is contributed to the fact that I am always hot when I wake up in the morning. Anyway, as I was walking out of the TSC this kid rides past me on an original scooter! You know, the ones with the really big wheels. An original scooter! It was great. I found myself feeling a tinge of envy.
4- I walked on a path that was the graduation gift from the class of 1987, the year I was born. I walk on this path almost everyday,and this is the first time i have noticed the date on it . That path is 21 years old, how many people have walked on that path in 21 years. I don't know why but this really put life into perspective for me.
5-And last but not least, of course it's not the least because it really is the most consistent thing of my walk. But there are two bumps on my walk that I trip over every time I walk past them! You think that I would remember that they are there. But really, I am never fully awake when I walk to class anyway. So everyday I trip on them, pretend like it didn't happen and move on to trip on the next one. I stopped being embarrassed about it somewhere around the second time it happened. I actually have now turned it into a hop skip and a jump kinda thing. If you ever have the opportunity to see it I think you will be impressed!
Hmm...yes that was my walk. It was great. What a huge blessing it is that I have the opportunity to be up here! I am so grateful for all that my Heavenly Father has done for me and given to me! What a blessing life is. No matter where you are at right now, just stop and think of all the things the lord has given you. He loves us all and desires that we are all happy in our lives. Strive to find the good in everyday things. Life is great!

No comments: