Friday, November 28, 2008

Boy's...are stupid.

So...this post isn't going to be as horrible as most of you are thinking. As in matter in fact I hope that it is entertaining.

As most of you know I got married about nine months out of high school. And then divorced a year after that. This, my dear friends saved me the excruciating experience of ever having to date someone for real. My real world dating has included one person and one person only.I have now come to the conclusion that this makes me a dating retard and that dating sucks and boys are stupid. I have also come to the conclusion that boys also think that dating sucks and that girls are stupid. So the whole dating thing in life is, in general stupid. So what is to be done?

Talking to my same dear friends about boys (I don't have a lot of girlfriends who live in Salt Lake. And since that is where I am this weekend, I am hanging out with mostly boys and my family. That is my life... so I was getting the scoop on boys from all of them. I don't know if it helped or hindered me. You be the judge.) They explained to me that most boys don't really know what to do or know what they want. I was explaining to them how confusing boys make everything. It always seems to me that boys want to play games. For instance...What is up with being hard to get? I don't understand that on any level. Do girls really have to play hard to get? UGH! I find that so irritating. For those of you who know me well ,you know that I am a very straight forward kinda' girl. No playing games with me. I am loud and confident and strong headed. So I have always been the girl who freaks the guys out.


I don't know...boys are stupid and so are girls. So my conclusion to this problem is stop playing games, stop trying to save someones feelings. If you aren't that into them, tell them! The sooner the better. The longer you wait the worse it will be for both of you. Chances are they will still want to be your friend. It's like ripping a band aid off. The faster it is done the less it will sting. (Hmmm...funny, I am allergic to Band-aid adhesive...coincidence? I think not!) And if you are into them, don't beat around the bush! Because according to my rules, they will either tell you that they are into you or they won't. And hey, you either gain someone to date or you gain someone to hangout with. This is a win win situation, I don't understand how this could not work.
Oh! and for heaven sakes! you aren't going to die from a broken heart, as in matter in fact the heart is very resilient, the pain goes away in after a little bit. Stop being so jaded! It makes life no fun and then no one will want to date you. Just go with the flow and see what happens.

So...lets all agree to:
1) Not play games
2) If you aren't that into someone, tell them! They will get over it.
3)If you are into someone, tell them! You will get over it if they aren't into you.
4)Don't think that just because your heart hurts it's the end of the world. I promise to you that it isn't and that life will go on.
5) Don't be jaded! People won't want to date you if you are!

This my friends is how I think it should be. Wouldn't we all be happier? I know I would! Try to look for the good in life, it is always there. And I promise the less you spend thinking about you and more about others, and what you can do for others, your life will be better!

Some members of my family have protested this post...they have told me that I should remove it. I figure I will make a disclaimer at the bottom of it instead. I don't hate boys, I honestly don't have and guile with anyone on the face of the earth or anywhere else for that matter. So if you get to the end of this post and you are thinking that I am the worlds most horrible unfeeling person ever, you are wrong.

No comments: