Thursday, November 27, 2008

Count your many blessings! You won't be disappointed!

A lot has happened in my life and in my family's life over the past year. After Thanksgiving dinner we all were sitting around the table, (sufficiently stuffed because my mother is the worlds best cook) and Mom came up with the idea that we should all say the one thing that we are most grateful for. Talking about all of the wonderful things that have happened made this year seem so long! Although I do Feel like this year has flown by, so much has occurred!
the list of things went as follows.
Kurt was grateful for the new blessing that will be in there home soon.
Becky was grateful for everything that she has. She has no complaints about any part of her life.
Dad said the same as Becky (I don't know if he was planning on saying it until she did but that's the way it happened. Those two are so much alike it is scary!)
Mom mentioned her job and how much she loves it and the kids she teaches. She also mentioned how fun this summers was to have family home with her again.
Ben was happy that Maddie and him both found internships this summer pertaining to there degrees.
Maddie was ecstatic that she graduated from college.
I (Helen) am grateful for the temple and for my amazing family. For the love and the strength that they give to me. I know that I would not be where I am today without every member of my family's love and support. What a huge blessing they are to me.
Paul was grateful for him graduating and finding a job and a house and having an amazing family.
Cammie Jo was grateful for the opportunity she has to be a stay at home mom and have a husband who supports that.
Connie was grateful to be a Grandma and to have such an amazing son-in law who is respectful and kind hearted
Granny was grateful for Aunt Susan coming back to the church and receiving her endowments after 40 years of being inactive!
Grandpa was grateful for the temple
That is where our grateful list ended. And I would have to say that I am grateful fro everyone of those things as well (except for the Mother and Grandmother part. Altough someday I do hope to be gratefulf for those as well!) What an amazing family I have! They really are my strength! I am so grateful for the opportunities that have been presented to me in my life. I have chosen the hard road, the decisions that I have made in my life are not the ones that fit my plans. But I look at how everything has turned out and I know that this is exactly the way my life is supposed to be. My testimony has grown so much. Not only of the Gospel as a whole but for every aspect of the Gospel. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me! And I know now that with him by my side I can do anything.
Nothing happens on accident. I was not born into my particular family by accident. I don't have such amazing friends on accident. The lord blesses us everyday! I have noting to be disappointed about!
This year really has been one eventful year! Full of its ups and downs. but it would be a lie if i didn't admit that it has been the best year of my life!

No comments: