Monday, July 20, 2009

Ummm...the rules.

So on Sunday I met a new person who seemed to be nice enough, and then all of the sudden he started to throw down so pretty mean things. Ie...he told me that I should know that if he doesn't like a person straight off the bat then we won't ever like them. So I should be careful. I know that I am a little over excited about things sometimes and annoying at others, but this was a little much for me to handle. Who says that!? He obviously doesn't have a lot of friends. So my friends and I came up with some rules...it started out with one and went to three or four I don't remember. But I will tell them to you,

Rule Numero Uno- If you are ugly you should never be mean to people because you have nothing else to fall back on. I don't mean this is a mean way at all! I think I mostly said it because he hurt my feelings. I don't think very many people don't like me. It was a defense mechanism. It was also kinda ironc cause no one should be mean ever and here I was saying one of the rudest things I have ever said in my life!
Now you should know that this is not justifying mean people on any level. I think that all people should be nice, it the rule above all, but this is just a good rule for everyone. I know mean.
ANYWAY!

Rule Numero Dose-(Is that how you speel two in spanish? I don't know why I am doing it in spanish, I just am!) If you are socially awkward in anyway you should never ever try to be funny, because for the most part it will back fire on you and then people will think you are just mean! ( I don't know if this is what this kid was doing so we figured we should cover our bases and establish this rule.)

Rule Numero Tres- So I was eating a baked potato at the linger longer and it was so amazing! I like to mash all of my stuff up so it mixes together and is pure amazingness! This is how rule number three came about. A member of the Bishopric came up behind me to ask me if i had been set apart for my calling as i was mashing away. It kinda startled me! I then felt really dumb and really small, like i was five! (for those of you who know me you will know that this is no surprise!) I was telling this to my friend Kellen and he says "Well it's okay if you do it cause is like oh hey look at how cute she is! But if you are a guy like me they go 'oh my gosh that is so disgusting what is that guy doing to his food?' So even though I want to do it i can't because i am a guy." SO...the rule is if you are a cute girl you can do almost anything you want to with your food because you can pull it off as cute. If you are a guy you have so such luck!

SO...if you were there for the rules on Sunday just take a moment and go over them again and have a nice laugh about them.

Second thing to say today...sometimes I look at things in life and how it all plays out and I ask myself, "How did THAT Happen?!" Life has a tricky way of throwing curve balls at you and all the sudden everything is upside down and all backward! President Hinckley has the formula for getting through it all!

"It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. THE LORD WILL NOT FORSAKE US. HE WILL NOT FORSAKE US…If we will put our trust in him, if we will pray to him, if we will live worthy of his blessings, he will hear our prayers."
President Gordon B. Hinckley

Thank heavens I know this is true or im not sure i would be able to make it through life!
Oh boy...have an amazing week everyone!

1 comment:

Tony and Jamie said...

Helen I have to say that you are hillarious! I love reading your posts. This is jamie by the way! I started a blog and just figured out how to post a comment! Love ya!